Dark Chocolate Truffles
Time: 20 active minutes, 1 hour cooling
Makes: 20 truffles / 10 servings
- 10 oz 70% cacao dark chocolate (I like Hu)
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- ¼ teaspoon fleur de sel
- ½ teaspoon high quality vanilla extract
- Toppings: high quality cocoa powder (Navitas is great), dried coconut, cinnamon sugar, sprinkles
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop out the flesh. Mash it until it is creamy and no lumps are left.
- Break or chop the dark chocolate and melt it in a double boiler, over simmering water until smooth. (Alternately, you can use your microwave in 10 second intervals, stirring in between until smooth).
- Add the chocolate, salt, vanilla and avocado together and mix until combined completely. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Scoop out 1 teaspoon of the mixture and roll into a ball, using the palms of your hands and light pressure. Repeat until all of the truffles are formed. Roll the truffles in your favorite toppings and refrigerate again, if needed.